Thursday, October 13, 2011

Saturday is super important y'all

Just in case you didn’t know there is this whole occupy movement going about around the world and the valley sure has caught that bug all right. So instead of reading the summary of evolutionary perspectives on gender development I decided to post something about being an activist in the valley. The rio grande valley that is. This post is going to be about many many things because

I am at Ihop and have been here since 4 drinking coffee and studying.
You know you love the randomness of my post
I don’t feel like studying
I truly believe in the OccupyMcAllen movement
We still need to get Prez Obama to say NOOOO to the Keystone XL Pipeline……..cause
Both are interconnected and way important!
So here goes my rant THERE IS NOTHING VEGAN AT IHOP!!! But the free wi-fii is pretty awesome yo! We made the cover of the local UTPA newspaper and also they printed out an article about both the occupy movement and pipeline hearings that I went to with Christina.

http://www.panamericanonline.com/students-oppose-pipeline-plan-1.2651936#.TpeLf96ImU-

At this point I would apologize for such a long update, but I am not for the sake that people need to read more!

I am so so so so proud of my generation in regards to both movements. I am glad we are getting off our a**es and turning off the tv/laptops and not just reblogging about people making a change but actually out there demanding for a change. This realization is wonderful and it can only go up from here. We have the power, no matter what other people say, we are the change we want to see in the world. Our limitations might seem tremendous and treacherousness but nothing great nothing important came with easiness. The civil rights movement. The arab spring. The womans rights movement. All and many more were not fought behind the pretenses that if we live our daily life and don’t ask why not and fight for a change that it would just magically happen.

I am going to add a Harry Potter reference because I feel it is super fitting. Harry Potter could have just sat back and not fight for those around him against Voldemort but if he did there wouldn’t be a story there wouldn’t be the courage that he instills in everyone.

We have the courage, we have the ability and ultimately we have the power to change the world!

Jackie

No comments: