Sand in the bottom of my purse-dedicated to Anthony Liberati
I found sand in the bottom of my purse
from that one day
last summer
when the weather was just right
and we grabbed our swimsuits
the ultimate mix tape
and drove 85 mph
on the express way
with the windows down
wind blowing in our hair
without a care in the world
the sky was clear
the sun was welcoming and warm
as we got closer and closer to the beach
the stickiness of humidity
was all over us
pushing us to just
want to take off all our clothes
and jump into the ocean
the emotions washed over us
like the waves crashing against the shore
and next thing you knew
we were in our swim suits
holding each other’s hand
and embracing
the inevitable first
jump into the water
I smiled when I found that sand
in the bottom of my purse
from that one day
last summer
and remembered how we
were
and how much I miss you
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment