Thursday, October 1, 2009

There is something to be said about October



The year is quickly coming to a end, and oh how time flies when you are having fun. 3 years ago, if you would have asked me hey Jackie, one day you are going to be living out of your house and going to school in El Paso, I would have laughed at you and changed the subject. But doesn't that just trip you out, that the most memorable moments in your life are the ones that you least expect it? I don't feel rooted to a certain person, place or thing. So I wonder if that is a bad thing, to not feel rooted, to know that I will be ok in any place I move to even if I am 1 million and 2 miles away from every I care and love. I guess with modern technology, it softens the blow of distance between me and loved ones. I love the phone calls from my friends, while I am sitting outside in my backyard looking at the decent of clouds floating by and as the day turns to night. As the night air engulfs me, cradles me in some of my recent tribulations, I thank God, for the support system I have that lift me up even when I feel I cant seem to want to move. I have no regrets of the decisions that have lead me to where I am at now, I have made mistakes, there is no doubt about it. But, I have come to peace with the past, I have drown strength from it, and realized that I am who I am, I am not perfect and still have problems and bundles of stuff I need to work on.
Now the hard part is finding peace with the present and embracing the very unpredictable future.
Jackie Joy

No comments: