I close my eyes
and i see you
driving with your windows rolled down
the stereo blasting in the distant
eyes fixed directly forward
to the paved road ahead
your mind is focused
your body is relaxed
all worries are gone
from your face
I want to stop time
and capture your emotions
and sell it
to all who is willing to buy happiness in a bottle
but you cant buy happiness
you cant buy love
you cant buy life
but people sure as hell try to buy all three
and fail
You are somewhere driving to your next destination
while I'm on the bus going to school
and I hear your voice speaking softly in my head
warming my soul
opening my heart
to emotions I never thought I could ever have again
I sit here writing this poem
and you are somewhere with someone else
to far away for me to want to imagine
I need a new plan of action
because I am to young and naive
the wounds are still fresh from the last
battle i fought for my heart
and being guarded has kept me
cold and my emotions in check
but
I will continue to ride my bus to school
listening to my zune
to drown out my emotions
that I have for you
while you drive your car
I will try my hardest not to
fall more in love with you
then I already am
damn
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment