
Here is a story worth telling in all its glory! Earlier this afternoon while I was walking to my bus with Eddie, I passed the little hallway where the little chair was. I was pleasantly surprised, well more like ecstatic to see that the chair was still there. I knew then that the chair and I were meant to be! So I rolled it, with a little help from Eddie to the bus stop where I missed my bus by like street away. Eddie was going on about how people were going to think that I stole the chair, which by the way does not in any way shape or form look like it is worth stealing, so I got on the next bus hoping that the bus driver would let me take the chair onto the bus. I kid you not this is exactly what happened:
Bus driver: Hey, you know that there are chairs available here?
Me: I know, but this chair has a story
Bus driver: I bet it does, well its kinda crowded in the front but you can take it through the back!
Me(thinking yes yes yes!): Thank you so much
I then carry the chair up the steps in the back of the bus and get off the wrong bus stop and roll through this hilly area through the back somewhere by my aunts school. If there were stares I wasn't paying any attention to them, but besides that I got lost. I am the worse with directions, really really really bad with directions. Barrings/ sense of any direction and I are like water and vinegar, like Microsoft and Mac, we just don't seem to get it right. So I am there rolling the chair and asked a student
me: "hey how do you get to ___?"
student: oh, Ill take you
me: thank you
I wasn't that far, well I was far from the front but I figured getting through the back shouldn't be to hard. I carried the chair up this ridiculous long hill to get to a fence that is LOCKED! the fence was locked and these kids were jumping across like they were jumping on a bed. I just couldn't jump across but some kids and I were able to get the chair across. Then comes a teacher and the long awaited interrogation:
teacher: you know its dangerous to jump fences
me: i know
teacher: so is this your chair....
me( he is looking at me like I am a mad women with a crazy yellow chair)- yes I got it from school
teacher: do you go to college??
me: yes, do you happen to have the key to open the fence?
teacher: no are you sure this is your chair?
me: yes it was free
teacher who gave it to you?
me: it was sitting by the dumpster
,.....well you get the point, I embellished the story of how I got the chair but still I thought it was odd I was getting the third degree over a chair? He then goes back inside the school to get someone to open the door and 10 minutes later another teacher comes out who happened to have the key and opened it up for me! He didn't ask one question about the chair or the situation, so sweet, I might bake him cookies!
That was the end of my adventure of getting the chair home and my aha moment has definitely been accomplished.
Jackie Joy

No comments:
Post a Comment